Kuwait Airways has officially denied reports claiming that confirmed bookings for passengers traveling in First Class or Business Class were being transferred to Economy Class.

The airline described the reports as inaccurate and said the claims circulating about such booking changes do not reflect the actual situation.

In a statement issued on Sunday, August 23, 2026, Kuwait Airways clarified that confirmed premium-class reservations are not being routinely transferred to Economy Class.

The airline explained that if operational circumstances ever require a change to a passenger’s booking, the case is handled through established procedures.

Kuwait Airways also confirmed that direct communication with the affected passenger forms part of the process whenever an operational change becomes necessary.

Passengers would be informed of any relevant developments concerning their booking, allowing them to receive clear information about the situation.

The airline emphasized that any operational change would be handled while fully preserving the passenger’s applicable rights under the relevant procedures.

Those rights may include compensation where applicable, in accordance with internationally recognized frameworks and established industry practices.

The clarification comes after claims circulated suggesting that confirmed First Class and Business Class reservations had been moved to Economy Class.

Kuwait Airways rejected those claims and reaffirmed its commitment to confirmed reservations and the travel classes originally booked by passengers.

The company also stressed the importance of maintaining clear communication with passengers whenever an operational matter affects a confirmed booking.

According to the airline, operational changes are addressed through established procedures rather than through an unsupported or automatic transfer of passengers between travel classes.

The statement further emphasized that passengers remain entitled to the protections and rights applicable to their individual cases.

Kuwait Airways said its procedures are designed to ensure that passengers are informed directly when circumstances require any change to an existing booking.

The company also reaffirmed that applicable compensation would be handled according to the relevant international frameworks and established practices.

The official clarification is intended to address the reports surrounding alleged downgrades involving confirmed First Class and Business Class reservations.

Kuwait Airways reiterated that it remains committed to honoring confirmed bookings and the travel classes selected by passengers.

The airline also reaffirmed its commitment to protecting passenger rights throughout the handling of operational circumstances.

Any necessary operational change would therefore be addressed through approved procedures, with direct communication and notification to the affected passenger.

Kuwait Airways concluded by emphasizing its commitment to confirmed reservations, booked travel classes and the full protection of passenger rights.